Friday, June 26, 2009

RIP Michael Jackson 1958-2009

Michael Jackson is one of those people who you never think about ever leaving this world. His music was there when I arrived in 1980, the theme music through out my childhood, took me to prom and danced the night away with me and my husband at our wedding. I can especially remember being emotionally moved by songs like "Man In The Mirror", "Billy Jean" and "Black and White" but not understanding why. In listening to some of his music again yesterday it was the first time that I really paid attention to the profound message in his lyrics addressing, race, self-reflection and of course love. When you’re eight these concepts don’t take precedent over perfecting your moonwalk.

You will be missed Michael Jackson.

"Man In The Mirror" lyrics

“Billy Jean” lyrics

"Black or White" lyrics



Have your Urban Chameleon story featured by e-mailing tickles.tv@gmail.com

click here for: How The Urban Chameleon Came To Be

PLEASE NOMINATE US FOR ALL FOUR CATEGORIES!!!

My site was nominated for a Black Weblog Award!

1 comment:

  1. what a loss ...
    no words can describe this.
    I still miss him - and we all will, forever.

    ReplyDelete