Tuesday, November 10, 2009

First Lady Michelle Obama Appears on Sesame Street for 40th Anniversary

Urban Chameleon news

First Lady Michelle Obama teaches kids about being healthy by helping to plant a vegetable garden on Sesame Street as a apart of the 40th anniversary of the show.

The first episode of the new season on Tuesday (today) hits exactly on the anniversary of the show's premiere in 1969. You may know, as avid followers of the first lady, that this is Mrs. Obama's second "Sesame Street" appearance; she was quite excited in May about meeting Elmo at the show's studios in Astoria, Queens, to tape a public service announcement.

"I never thought I'd be on 'Sesame Street' with Elmo and Big Bird and I was thrilled. I'm still thrilled. I'm on a high. I think it's probably the best thing I've done at the White House," she said then.
source from Lynn Sweet on politicsdaily.com

No comments:

Post a Comment